Monday, July 26, 2010

Peace and Quiet...

Yeah right. :)

M. is a peaceful baby, as long as she is being held. She doesn't like to lay in her bassinet or crib. But, it is easy to calm her. She likes to have her hands held. So, if she gets fussy, we just hold her hands and talk to her and she calms right down.

Of course, I could hold her all day long. This probably doesn't help her get used to sleeping in her crib. But she's just so doggone cute. I could stare at her forever.

I read in a book that babies her age are awake 1 in 10 hours of every day. This means she should only be awake for 2.5 hours a day. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! She is awake much more than this. In fact, a lot of people have commented on her level of alertness. She is awake for hours on end, especially at night.

She's had a few good nights where she'll sleep for six hours straight. But it seems that the majority of the time, she's just not tired at night. Sometimes she'll fuss and scream. Othertimes, she'll lay peacefully, but WIDE eyed and awake.

I have to say, although I'm definitely sleep deprived -- I love every minute of it. I am happy to wake up to a screaming baby. I know that it will get frustrating in time, but for now... I'm just in Heaven!

We've discovered a lot about her in these short two weeks.

She likes:
-Her boppy pillow
-Being held
-The rocker recliner
-Feeding time
-Holding hands
-Her womb sounds bear
-Being burped sitting up on our laps

She dislikes:
-Bedtime
-Having her diaper changed
-Laying alone in her bassinet
-Having her back rubbed

She HATES:
-Bathtime

Her little face turns SO red and she screams so loud that she starts to sound like static. She never screams so severely at any other time. Here's a picture of her post-bath. She's starting to calm down in this picture:


I'm hoping that once we're allowed to tub bathe her that this will change. Time will tell.


Usually though, she's so peaceful and happy. And that puts a smile on both our faces.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo cute. Congrats!

Have you tried her in a Tummy Tub at bathtime? Most babies aparently love them, even babies who hate baths. (http://www.amazon.com/Original-Tummy-Tub-Baby-Bath/dp/B002SI6QQE/ref=pd_cp_ba_0)

The Spicy Chickadee said...

Oh my gosh, I am so happy you found me!! I nearly peed my pants in joy when I got your message, lol! I will definitely read your blog but I was wondering if you might be interested in being email buddies as you've gone through the entire experience and we're just beginning? My email is ayearofhope@gmail.com.

The Spicy Chickadee said...

And because I'm a complete idiot, I didn't mean to forget to add that your daughter is absolutely beautiful!

Jacksmom said...

She is so cute, and I love the last pic where she looks like she is smiling!